Vyvanse for Weight Loss – Does The Drug Help: Vyvanse drug is used typically in the treatment of ADHD. ADHD is the acronym for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. This central nervous system stimulant is FDA-approved one. Although it has not been approved for weight loss, still using Vyvanse in moderate to major BED often leads to weight loss.
Let us see how does this Vyvanse weight loss work and how it helps in treating binge-eating disorder?
Vyvanse – What is this?
For those patients with eating disorders or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), doctors will prescribe this Vyvanse for them. However, this drug is not approved for treating obesity or weight loss.
It has the name of the first drug that is to be approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in the year 2015 (January) in order to treat binge eating disorders. The company Shire developed this lisdexamfetamine dimesylate or Vyvanse.
Despite the fact that this drug primarily has the uses of ADHD treatment and improving cognitive function, physicians also use this to treat people with eating disorders and excessive daytime sleeping.
Binge Eating Disorder
This eating disorder involves recurring binge eating episodes. Moreover, this happens without purging and other additional feelings of remorse after that. Such eating disorders can lead to weight gain and as a result, cause obesity.
To put in simple terms, this is an eating disorder that involves consuming larger portions of food in a short period of time. Furthermore, this feeling of disordered people can’t stop how much they are eating.
Some quick facts about Vyvanse
Vyvanse drug is a long-acting one and hence releases gradually over the time. This will convert Vyvanse into an active component, dextroamphetamine in the body.
- Vitamin C that is found on citrus fruits and in certain vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli makes Vyvanse less effective.
- If you are going to take Vyvanse for weight loss, then you should have eyes on high blood pressure. As this activates the stress response, it may often be able to increase the blood pressure.
- Although whether you take on an empty stomach or full, it won’t affect how it works; still there are complaints that it impacts the appetite. You can take this medication with food, however avoid acidic foods.
- There are two kinds of medications that are useful in treating stimulants and non-stimulants. Typically, stimulant medications used to have amphetamine or methylphenidate. Thus Vyvanse has amphetamine.
What are the side effects noticed with Vyvanse?
- Dry mouth
- Decreased appetite
- Stomach pain
Some serious side effects may include:
- High Blood Pressure And Stroke
- Severe Allergic Reactions
- Psychiatric Problems
- Heart Problems
- Neurological Disorders
- Withdrawal Symptoms With Abrupt Discontinuation
How this Vyvanse for Weight Loss work?
There are numerous ways through which this drug can help in weight loss. In many cases, it increases the metabolism, motivation and reduces appetite. Such things can help in losing weight.
Most patients taking Vyvanse have revealed that this reduces the appetite. As they don’t have the desire to eat, they force themselves to take food in order to take this medication. Since this drug increases the levels of dopamine, the individuals will be more activated and they have less urge to take food.
This drug helps in improving mental health. So, the people can have better control over the impulsive urge of eating.
Is Vyvanse really helpful in losing weight?
Since the drug has associated effects of decreased appetite and increased dopamine, this enables the stimulants to leave high potentials for treating obesity. Actually, stimulants were considered as the popular weight-loss drugs. Still, such stimulants also have the negative sides of leaving health risks as well.