Wellbutrin for Weight Loss – Is It Really Helpful? Often weight loss and depression are found to have links between them. Of course, you can see a depressed mind among the overweight ones and those who like to look for losing their weight.
In addition, many people around the world seek treatment for depression. They go for therapy sessions and also take antidepressants. Although these are some effective ways to reduce depression, still if you are overweight, it often ends in discouragement towards physical appearance.
Recent days you might have come across the term ‘Wellbutrin Weight Loss’. So, what is this? Does it truly help in losing weight?
Wellbutrin or Bupropion is a prescription medication that is quite useful in treating patients with stress-related eating. In fact, this kind of eating is far different from eating due to boredom. Also, this is the medication prescribed for weight loss as well. Indeed, Bupropion comes to you with the brand name of Wellbutrin.
If you look at the function of this medication, it has different functionalities compared with main class depressants for depression treatment. Bupropion is a (NDRI) which gives you the full form of norepinephrine–dopamine reuptake inhibitor.
Actually, it works by enhancing norepinephrine and dopamine. These norepinephrine & Dopamine can also be said to be neurotransmitters. They have well-established connections in good sleeping hours, regulation of energy level, and alertness.
How does Wellbutrin for weight loss work?
- When given increased levels of dopamine, it tends to lessen the feelings of cravings in patients.
- As per the study held in 2012, regarding obese adults, if you look at the recommended diet of them, bupropion patients found to lose the weight. In fact, they were able to lose almost double the weight when compared with the placebo group. This study had been observed for 48 weeks.
- Although Wellbutrin doesn’t make any changes in the levels of serotonin in the brain, it will still change the other chemicals in the brain. Such chemicals include dopamine and noradrenaline.
- On consuming Bupropion, the Norepinephrine levels will increase in the patients. With such increased neurotransmitter levels, there will be fulfilled feelings with the individuals. Hence it will lead to decreased appetite. Thus, people using this drug can find great results, therefore you can face effectiveness in Wellbutrin weight loss.
- When there is an increase in dopamine levels, it makes the people more energetic. S, they can be more productive and will be involved in numerous activities. Thus, can lead to weight loss.
Are there any side effects with this drug?
In spite of the fact that Wellbutrin is effective in weight loss, still it is not recommended for all. Taking these kinds of drugs is only for intended purposes.
Moreover, it is advisable not to consume the drugs without doctors’ care. When speaking about side effects, there are some common side effects faced with patients. This includes weight gain and sexual dysfunction. Following are some of the concerns often observed with patients.
- trouble sleeping
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sore throat
- Dry mouth
- Excessive sweating
- Hot flashes
- Changes in tastes
Some of the serious side effects include:
- Allergic reactions
Is Wellbutrin the right choice for you?
For the ones who suffer from massive depressive disorder issues and suicidal thoughts, one of the best ways for healthy being is to take antidepressant medications. Since there is huge popularity for this Bupropion, many choose this drug to reduce their weight loss. Moreover, as it is helping to have better control on food cravings, taking this medication can help. However, if you stop consuming them, there are possibilities to gain weight again.
However, this drug is not a good choice for those who have:
- Seizures history
Such people can be prone to high risks when consuming Wellbutrin.
Tessa Brooks Weight Loss Transformation: How Did She Lose 20 Pounds?